|visits||member for||1 year, 9 months|
|seen||2 days ago|
Computer Scientist, AI Enthusiast
For a variety of reasons, I'm abandoning my Stack Overflow / Exchange account - I'll probably check in occasionally to tend to notifications.
Generally pretty chill and friendly, though sometimes misunderstood
- Always post an SSCCE / Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example
- Stick around for a while after asking a question to answer comments
- Pop in every now and again to tend to responses at least until you have an accepted answer
- Don't be a help vampire. (My) summary:
- Give enough details so the question is answerable. We're not psychic
- Don't ask for a program to be written for you
- Aim to learn, don't just look for an answer
- Look elsewhere for the answer before asking a question
- Don't duplicate your questions, there are reasons questions don't get answered
- Stack Overflow question checklist
- How much research effort is expected of Stack Overflow users?
- What should I do when someone answers my question?
- Unless you have extensive experience with a site, don't recommend it, or at least clearly indicate that you're not sure
- Be kind
- Format properly
- Don't down-vote minor issues like minor syntax errors. When downvoting answers, preferably comment and don't leave straight away - give some time for it to be fixed
- Don't robo-approve in review
- Comment formatting - very useful
- Please down- and closevote where appropriate, and do so quickly - it may be a little harsh, but it's necessary to becoming a great community
CodeGolf suggestion to officially extend their scope.
|bio||website||careers.stackoverflow.com/…||visits||member for||1 year, 9 months|
|location||South Africa||seen||2 days ago|
5 Votes Cast
|all time||by type|