When working with recursion it is often useful to find the least or greatest fixed points of a morphism, often using a fixed-point combinator. When working with recursion schemes, the inverse operation — finding a morphism for which a value is a fixed point — is also very useful, in which case the operation is sometimes called parameterizing and its result sometimes called a pattern functor or base functor.

Is there a more general term for this inverse fixed-point operation or its resulting morphism?



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.