0
$\begingroup$

Suppose we are using a dual core processor and we run 2 applications (1 with 80% resource requirements and the other with 20% resource requirements).

Now the first program is parallelizable for 40% and the second one not parallelizable.

My question is what would be the speed up achieved in this case.

By speed-up i mean the ratio between the execution times before and after parallelization.

$\endgroup$

1 Answer 1

3
$\begingroup$

Hint: Look up Amdahl's Law on your favorite search engine and plug your question into the equation you find.

$\endgroup$
0

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.