I have a problem that I would like to solve it. A robot have to move near an obstacle (e.g a wall) without colliding. He should also try to be always near the obstacle. The following picture can help you to understand what I need to do:
- In red is the wall
- Black dots is the robot moving
- The dashed line is the path of the robot
The robot doesn’t have any information about the wall. He has only a sensor that can tell him approximately what the distance to the wall is. A perfect robot is a robot who can move within a distance of 1m to the wall. The robot some times doesn’t respect that distance:
- The distance can be sometimes > 1m
- The distance can be less often < 1m
- The robot can collide but it should be very rare and it is better to avoid it all the time.
Do you have a solution for this problem? I am new to AI and there is a lot of material to read. So on which topic of AI should I concentrate to find a solution for this problem?