Let's say I have a set $A$ of $n$ points represented by real vectors of length $l$. What type of algorithm would I use to find the subset $B$ of $m$ ($m$ is arbitrary, to be chosen) points that maximizes the volume of the polytope with vertices defined by $B$?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ After some research, it looks what I'm asking is how to find a "restricted" convex hull of the set. That is, the subset of size m of points that encloses most of the set as possible. $\endgroup$ – Eriek Jun 3 '14 at 18:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.