I am trying to figure out a way to create routes for trucks to complete a list of orders(drops/stops), while minimizing distance traveled.
- There is only ever 1 company warehouse in the area.
- The trucks have to deliver based on capacity.
- Each truck can hold a maximum (usually 18 pallets).
- Each order will be for a number underneath that maximum.
- There will be a maximum number of trucks specified.
- When trucks are finished with their route, they will return to the company warehouse.
I already have all of the orders, the pallets they are requesting, and the distance between each point.
I am an absolute simpleton when it comes to complex problems like these... I am hoping that someone has a simple (relatively) solution, or an article of some sort that could help me down my path.