I could have done this in comments, but I want to keep it more neat and so, I am doing this as an answer.
So here are some books that can be helpful and in fact are; very informative.
1. The Elements of Computing Systems By Noam Nisan, Shimon Schocken - (Suggested by Mr. Yuval)
2. Code By Charles Petzold
3. How Computers Work By Roger Young
4. Digital Design And Computer Architecture By David Harris -
5. Inside The Machine By Jon Stokes -
6. How Computers Work By Ron White -
There are many other books you can look for. These were suggestions on the Amazon page for 'The Elements Of Computing System' but 'Code' is a very famous and nice book. And so are the others but neither have I read all of them.
Other Helpful Books Are :-
And again, there are many other books one can find and if you do so, which is not mentioned in the list but you find it to be good, please do post the name of the book and the author at least.
Thank You !