I'm working on the following exercise and can't get the calculations right:
Assume an OS uses:
- 33 bits for physical address
- 34 bits for logical address
- 2KB frame size
- How many bits are used for the offset
- How many bits are used to identify a frame
- How many bits are used to identify a page
And then: Assuming the page tables include the valid and dirty(edit) bit, calculate the size (in bits) of a process' page table using all pages.
I have a hard time understanding this type of calculation and will greatly appreciate any help.