We commonly create sub-groups of strings in one particular algorithm implementation. I just want to know in CS literature is there any standard name for such kind of grouping. For e.g.

Hello World! This is May from the dairy farm.

Strings with sub-groups of two:

Hello World!
World! This
This is
is May

You are probably looking for the term n-grams, with $n = 2$ in your case. This is very useful in natural language processing and speech recognition.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.